FUTURISM: Art in the Age of Post Truth
This regional call for art is a follow-up to the 2016 DADA Soiree presented by C3Lab. The theme “Futurism” could inspire references to the artists and architects of the revolutionary Italian art movement in the early 1900s who were fascinated by the problems of representing modern experience. Futurism celebrated advanced technology and urban modernity; it was committed to the idea of newness, and as part of this agenda its members wished to destroy older forms of culture.
Artists today might find parallels in our current situation, where radical ideologies are seeking to destroy established concepts of truth, objectivity, evidence, justice, and scientific rigor.
Opening Reception is Friday, November 10th from 7 to 10pm. Exhibit will run through October 27th.
ARTWORK SUBMISSION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Artwork can be no larger than 20”x 20” (depth unlimited).
- Artwork must be mounted to the gallery walls by 4 T-pins provided by Gallery C3.
- Artwork dimensions include any borders.
- No glass is permitted.
- Artwork must be pinned by artist at Gallery C3 located at 2525 Distribution Street, Charlotte, NC 28203 (980+349+5803) only during the following dates:
- Tuesday, November 7th - 10am to 5pm
- Wednesday, November 8th - 10am to 2pm
- Thursday, November 9th - 10am to 7pm
- Entry fee* is $10 (only 1 submission per artist). Online entry at C3-Lab.com/local-art opening in October 2017. Submission date TBA.
- 100% of all art sales goes directly to artist.
- Artwork may not be valued more than $500.
- There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these specifications.
Works will be selected by top regional art professionals who will privately view the work prior to the opening reception and anonymously choose prize-winning entries to receive gift cards courtesy of Binders Art Supply.
*Entry fee covers exhibit installation, live music, opening reception hors d'oeuvres and hospitality of judges panel.
FUTURISM: Art in the Age of Post-Truth Exhibit generously sponsored by