By checking the box below, I acknowledge that I have read and understand all of the Terms and Conitions. *
1. Acceptance of Terms.
C3 Lab reserves the right to update the TOU at any time. C3 Lab will attempt to contact you to notify you of any updates within 30 days of their enactment using the contact information provided in the Membership Agreement.
2. Description of Services.
C3 Lab may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as C3 Lab may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use.
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any C3 Lab server, or the network(s) connected to any C3 Lab server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any C3 Lab server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
4. Use of services.
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
a. Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise);
b. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
c. Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through C3 Labs;
d. Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
e. Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
f. Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another computer or property of another;
g. Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
h. Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
i. Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
j. Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
k. Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
5. Image Rights Release.
C3 Lab reserves the right use your image(s) within and around the C3 Lab workspace(s), event space, artist space or makerspace for marketing or PR purposes.
a. You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by C3 Lab or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of C3 Lab, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by C3 Lab or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
b. Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to
I. maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence;
II. not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;
III. not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to C3 Lab or any participant or user of the Services.
All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of C3 Lab or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of C3 Lab, or any participant or user of the Services.
7. Participation In or Use of Services.
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that C3 Lab does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, C3 Lab provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you.
9. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall C3 Lab or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of C3 Lab, and even if C3 Lab has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
10. Limitation of Liability and Remedies.
Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of C3 Lab or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TOU and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to ten dollars (USD $10.00). The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
11. Termination/Early Termination.
C3 Lab reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. C3 Lab further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
In the event that you decide to terminate a 1 year lease agreement (at a discounted rate), you will be charged the difference.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless C3 Lab and C3 Lab’s subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by C3 Lab or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
C3 Lab will carry Liability and Business Personal Property insurance. As a user, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space. That policy may cover your current residence/office, as well as the premises of C3 Lab.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in this TOU and further agree to be bound to the TOU regarding my participation in and use of the Services.
By checking the box below, I understand and agree to all policies and procedures explained. *
C3 Lab is happy to have you as part of our family. Our philosophy is to treat everyone with the utmost respect, to connect with each other and the Charlotte community and to foster the spirit of creativity and collaboration. By utilizing the space and services at C3 Lab, you agree to adhere to the following procedures, membership agreement and abide by our philosophy. C3 Lab reserves the right to
modify these terms & conditions from time to time if needed for the safety, care, appropriate operation and cleanliness of the facility.
1. C3 Members should conduct themselves in a respectable, proper manner. As a shared co-working space, C3 thrives on the spirit of collaboration so noise levels will always fluctuate. Please be respectful of others during the business workday (8am to 6pm) and conduct your business collaboration at a level that is respectful to your co-workers.
2. RESPECT is our top core value. As a member, you are expected to be courteous and respectful with all occupants of the facility, C3 staff or other personnel. Any type of harassment, disrespect or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and may result in termination or removal.
3. C3 Lab is monitored via security cameras, but we need your cooperation to maintain a secure and safe environment. No member is allowed to prop open any type of door during or after business hours. You shall not make any additional copies of any C3 access cards or office keys. All access cards and keys are property of C3 Lab and must be returned upon membership termination. Any lost or unreturned access cards shall incur a $50.00 per item charge. Replacement keys are $5 and a new lock is$100. If you lose your card or key, you must notify C3 staff immediately for the protection of others.
4. C3 Members should report any misuse of facility, inappropriate behavior, or complete disregard for C3 Lab Policies and Procedures to protect other members and the facility.
5. We cannot prevent every unsavory act that could possibly occur. Only members and staff have card access to the facility, so it is your responsibility to protect your valuables. Therefore, we highly suggest obtaining renter’s insurance with a lab station or private office membership. Shared space members should be vigilant about their belongings regularly and utilize common sense. C3 is not liable for lost or stolen property.
6. All members must check in every client or guest. Members are allowed to bring in valid clients at no extra charge, but they must be registered in the C3 database. After regular business hours (8am to 6pm) you must check in your guest via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because C3 is a working, shared environment, members are only allowed to bring in the same guest to visit free of charge once a month. Afterwards, your returning guest will be charged the daily rate of $15 for continued use.
7. Nobody likes a messy slob. Please help keep peace and harmony amongst each other by keeping a clean and tidy space and using good hygiene. When utilizing the C3 kitchen facilities, please do your dishes and make sure old smelly food is not left behind in the refrigerator. Also, please be considerate of any strong odor foods you bring into the facility. In order to keep a tidy kitchen area, C3 will throw out any foods left in the refrigerator at end of the work week. Clearly mark items you don’t wish thrown out with your name.
8. You will not conduct any activity within the facility, your space or the entire building, which, in the sole discretion of C3 Lab, will create excessive traffic or is inappropriate to the shared working environment.
9. C3 Lab may hold events from time to time in the shared workspace area or event space for promotional purposes and for the benefit of our members. We will inform our members ahead of time via email and on the website calendar so you may be aware of the event ahead of time.
10. Each member is allowed up to 50 free copies/prints on the shared copier/printer per month. Any copies/prints over your allotted amount will be charged 70¢/color copy and 9¢/B&W copy (per side).
11. We encourage you to personalize your private lab station/office to make it your own space, but there are a few things C3 Lab does not permit without prior written consent; removing furniture or fixtures, attaching or building wall structures, bringing and operating business machines, reproductive equipment, personal heating equipment, stereo equipment or other mechanical amplification equipment or conduct a mechanical business. No oil, burning fluids, gasoline, kerosene for heating or lighting. No hazardous explosives or fireworks of any kind may be brought into the facility. Under no circumstances shall you bring into the facility or your own space the following: toasters, ovens, microwaves, coffee makers or any other food preparation equipment.
12. We love to promote our artists/members work, but no one is allowed to put up any work or advertisement without prior permission from C3 Lab. There is a designated space located at the reception desk where you can post information. Artwork placed in common areas must be approved by C3 staff.
13. C3 Members must reserve the conference room in advance so that we may block out time on the schedule. You must receive email confirmation prior to use. Time is blocked out in only 2 hour increments in order to allow time for others to share the conference room space. If you require more than 2 hours, you must alert staff at the time of reservation. The conference room is free to use for members, but if a member uses it excessively on a regular basis, you will be charged a member rate of $35/hour.
14. C3 Members may rent the event space and/or equipment at a discounted member rate, but it must be approved by C3 staff prior to reservation. The event must be directly related to your work or a C3 type of event. You are not allowed to rent the facility for non-members under your name or business name. Any member violating this, will be terminated immediately.
15. Immediately following use of the conference room, lounge, event space or C3 equipment, you shall clean up and return any items or furniture to the state of condition it was prior to your use. In the event that any space is left in an untidy condition or disrepair, C3 Lab may charge you for any expenses and for the time required to restore the space or equipment to the original condition. If sloppiness continues as a recurring habit by any one member, everyone’s rates will be affected due the need to hire a regular cleaning crew.
16. If a member sets the security alarm off by opening (accidentally or on purpose) clearly marked doors, you will incur a $100 penalty for disregarding a safety policy. The back door & overhead door to/from event space will automatically be set with an alarm from 9pm to 8am daily.
17. C3 Members are not allowed to utilize the shared workspace or lounge for private parties or get-togethers since it is a designated shared space for all members.
18. As much as we love animals, pets are not allowed in the facility except for service animals
19. We love kids, but young children are not conducive to productivity in a shared work environment. They are welcome for short-term visits - if absolutely necessary and you should ask your fellow members if they mind. Children under the age of 13 are only allowed during events when accompanied by adult C3 members and you are not allowed to leave them alone anywhere in or around the facility.
20. We care about the health of our members and do not allow smoking or vaping in any area of the facility. If you must smoke, please use the area on the left side of the building and throw away your cigarette in the designated receptacle.
21. C3 Members are not allowed to bring any alcohol or drugs of any type into the facility unless you are reserving the event space and have obtained the proper alcohol permit for your event. Any type of firearms or weapons are not permitted within C3 Lab.
22. We like to collaborate at C3 Lab, but not copy. Please do not copy or misuse copyrighted material or software.
23. Violations or unauthorized access to security system or network security is prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability.
24. IF YOU OPEN ANY C3LAB DOORS, YOU MUST CLOSE THEM. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO, YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY. All doors include the outdoor patio door, makerspace roll-up garage doors, makerspace side doors, event space roll-up garage door and the front door.
25. Members are NOT obligated to open the front door for anyone and SHALL NOT let any strangers enter the building. Please inform any expected guests that they must call or text you upon their arrival so YOU can open the door. ONLY FRONT STAFF WILL ATTEND TO GUESTS AT THE DOOR DURING BUSINESS HOURS. If it's UPS, USPS, Amazon or FedEx, please allow them to drop off the package(s) at the front.
By checking the box below, I understand and agree to all policies and procedures explained above.